It’s Monday again, and despite working a long week last week I managed to get my meal planning done over the weekend again. I’m feeling quite proud of how consistently I’ve been managing to do my meal planning so far this year. I was going to do my shopping in the supermarket in person yesterday, but a little fall of snow made me decide to stay indoors and order online instead!
I mostly stuck to my plan last week. We had to do a little bit of re-planning, as I had failed to notice that the geekdaddy was going out for his monthly Indian meal with some of his old work colleagues one evening, and thus I had pizza and garlic bread on my own instead of the tuna steaks I had planned for us to eat together. The weekend also panned out slightly differently, due to the geekdaughter going to a friends birthday party and eating a very large party tea, thus not needing a meal when she got home. That meant I didn’t make the pork stroganoff that I had planned to, and instead the geekdaddy and I had a rather nice pork, mushroom and creamy mustard sauce creation for dinner this evening.
So here’s my plan for this week…
Meals for the geekdaddy and me (Monday – Thursday):
- Pork chops with mushrooms in a creamy mustard sauce (that’s what we had tonight :))
- Beef stir fry
- Chicken stuffed with Boursin wrapped in Parma ham (I’m linking to the recipe this time as people have commented on how nice it sounds!)
- Fish pie (bought premade, but at least I’m eating fish!)
Meals for the family (Friday – Sunday):
- Another one of those “what veg needs using up?” spaghetti bologneses
- Beef stew (out of the freezer)
- Baked risotto (trying out another new recipe from my book of the moment: My Daddy Cooks)
You can find more Meal Planning Monday posts over at At Home with Mrs M – I love seeing what other people are eating too!
Disclosure: The Amazon product link in this post contains my Amazon affiliate code. If you make a purchase after clicking on a link it doesn’t cost you any more money, but you contribute a few pennies towards the upkeep of this site.