I’m sitting here late on Easter Sunday having just produced my meal plan for the coming week and converted it into an online shopping order. I’ve had a lovely Easter weekend, and only had to cook a family meal for one of the whole four days! On Saturday we met up with some good friends and all went out for a lovely meal at their local pub/restaurant. Today (after the obligatory visit from the Easter Bunny) my Mum cooked lunch for us all, and tomorrow (which will be today by the time you read this!) I’m taking the kids to a local “food and craft fair” in the morning where I hope to pick up something interesting for a meal that involves minimal cooking
I’m looking forward to a nice short working week this week – with the Bank Holiday Monday, and a shuffle of my working days at work to enable me to cover a colleague who is off next week – I’m only in the office for two days. This also means that we suddenly realised at the last minute that the geekdaddy and I will be able to attend the Gadget Show Live at the NEC in Birmingham on Thursday – it will be great to have a geeky day out together.
So that’s my plans for the week ahead, and here’s what we’ll be eating. First of all meals for the geekdaddy and me for Monday – Thursday
- Something from the Craft and Food fair
- Chicken pie with mash and baked beans
- Fish pie with roasted vegetables (might swap this with the beans above, will see how I feel at the time!)
- Spicy meatballs in tomato sauce with pasta and side salad
Family meals for Friday – Sunday:
- Tuna and pasta in cheese sauce (was a big hit with the kids last week so I’m doing it again!)
- Sausages with onion gravy (slow cooker) – I’ve wanted to try this since I read about it on Kate’s blog a couple of weeks ago
- Oven-baked risotto (a My Daddy Cooks favourite)
You can find more Meal Planning Monday posts over at At Home with Mrs M - why not head over there and see what other people are eating this week?