I’m a little late posting my meal plan this week, as it’s 10pm on Monday and I’m only just sitting down to write this post! I normally do my meal planning and online shop over the weekend, but I’m out by a day because we had a family day out yesterday to Drayton Manor, and by the time we got home and got the kids to bed I was completely exhausted and needed an early night myself! That means I’m having to play catch-up today – and I had to send the geekdaddy out on his own to pick up a couple of things for the next few nights meals before the internet shopping gets delivered.
It’s always a bit of a gamble sending the geekdaddy out on his own, and I never know what to expect when I open the fridge. This time I was pleasantly surprised to discover that he’d not gone to Waitrose as I had asked, but had instead taken it upon himself to drive to the Cheshire Smokehouse (which we discovered a couple of weeks ago) and pick up a few really yummy looking treats.
I know it’s Easter this week, but we don’t usually do anything special food-wise at Easter. I have bought some chocolate eggs in order to make an Easter egg hunt for the kids (hopefully in the garden if the weather is good), and we’re going to meet up with some good friends on Saturday for a meal out together, but apart from that we have no special plans for Easter.
So here’s our meal plan for the week. First of all meals for the geekdaddy and me for Monday – Thursday
- Chicken breasts stuffed with garlic butter wrapped in streaky bacon (Cheshire Smokehouse, and it was yummy!)
- Chicken curry (from the Cheshire Smokehouse again)
- Individual chicken pies (yup, another Cheshire Smokehouse goodie!)
- Pork steaks in a cream, mustard and mushroom sauce (my mother’s recipe, and because I thought we needed something other than chicken!)
Family meals for Friday – Sunday:
- Tuna and pasta in cheese sauce
- Spaghetti bolognese (from the freezer)
- Meal out
You can find more Meal Planning Monday posts over at At Home with Mrs M - why not head over there and see what other people are eating this week?