A Photo A Day – Week 6 Roundup

by on February 8, 2014

TheBoyandMe's 365 LinkyIt’s been another busy week this week – a day trip to London with work, a rather stressful play rehearsal where I forgot my script and had to borrow the director’s, and most of my spare time taken up with the admittedly highly enjoyable activities of cruising the local car dealerships, test driving, and weighing up my options for my new car. The week has ended with my making my decision and placing the order, but I’ll tell you about that another time. For now, here are my photos for this week:

Sunday 2 February 2014: My kind of Sunday lunch

One of our local Indian restaurants holds an “all you can eat” buffet on Sunday lunchtimes, and having friends staying with us this weekend was the perfect excuse for us to go.

Yummy!

Sunday 2 February 2014: My kind of Sunday lunch

Monday 3 February 2014: Tired Family

This is how I found my family when I got home from work this evening

Monday 3 February 2014: Tired Family

Tuesday 4 February 2014: First email

I had to travel to London for work today, and about half way there this little gem popped into my inbox. Although my daughter’s iPad has been set up for her to be able to send things to her father and me for a while, she’s only done it previously when she’s wanted to print something out. So I’m officially calling this the first proper email I’ve ever received from her :)

Tuesday 4 February 2014: First email

Wednesday 5 February 2014: Morning maths

This morning my daughter was practising her times tables before breakfast – crazy child!

Wednesday 5 February 2014: Morning maths

Thursday 6 February 2014: Test driving

We’re on the hunt for a new car at the moment, and a certain someone has rather enjoyed helping us to check out all the possibilities.

Thursday 6 February 2014: Test driving

Friday 7 February 2014: Bike riding

It was only last week that I shared a picture of my son riding his scooter on the school run. This week the scooter is out of favour and both kids have ridden their bikes whenever possible.

Friday 7 February 2014: Bike riding

Saturday 8 February 2014: Passed her first ballet exam

Way back in November my daughter took her first ballet exam. Today she finally received her result – she passed. She is very proud of her certificate and medal.

Saturday 8 February 2014: Passed her first ballet exam

TheBoyandMe's 365 LinkyIf you want to see how other bloggers are getting on with their photo a day projects then head on over to The Boy And Me’s blog where we all share links to our roundup posts each week.

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

Me and the tiny three February 8, 2014 at 9:46 pm

I love these photos, your daughter is really clever doing her times tables before breakfast, and I think you have the next Jenson Button in your midst there.
Me and the tiny three recently posted..School pick up bluesMy Profile

Karen February 8, 2014 at 10:02 pm

We love ballet in this house too so congratulations! Lovely pictures. The driving the car and times tables made me smile

brinabird and son February 8, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I love that photo of them on the couch. Well done on the ballet exam…I did ballet right till it came to do the teachers exam…a great skill to learn I think, expressive, disciplined, an appreciation of the arts….
brinabird and son recently posted..Project 365 Days 33 – 39My Profile

Charly Dove February 8, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Sounds like you’ve had an eventful week – Monday was clearly very tiring! How wonderful to get your first email from your daughter and for her to receive her first ballet medal and certificate. Looks like someone’s been loving checking out all the cars :)
Charly Dove recently posted..Project 365: Week #6My Profile

suzanne3childrenandit February 8, 2014 at 10:58 pm

How lovely that you’ve been able to get out with bikes, despite the persistent rain! Well done to your daughter on her ballet exam :)
suzanne3childrenandit recently posted..The Week That Was – Project 365 Week 6My Profile

Jaime Oliver February 9, 2014 at 1:10 am

what a really busy week! have you whittled down an possibilities for a car yet? well done to your daughter on her exam results x
Jaime Oliver recently posted..Project 365 Week 6 of 2014My Profile

Kriss MacDonald February 9, 2014 at 1:52 am

Such a lovely photo of your daughter with her results and couldn’t help smiling at the sofa shot!
Kriss MacDonald recently posted..The week that was in photos. #6My Profile

Kara February 9, 2014 at 10:13 am

Well done on the ballet pass. You will have your own driver soon :0)
Kara recently posted..Interplay Craft Pirate PartyMy Profile

Jo Middleton February 9, 2014 at 12:18 pm

What a busy week, looks like fun though.

Mummy Whiskers February 9, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Lovely pictures,congratulations on the pass too!
Mummy Whiskers recently posted..Sunday Photo 09/02/2014My Profile

Karen Hannah February 10, 2014 at 6:22 am

Well done on the dancing achievement Catherine, and what a lovely email to receive, especially when you’re not at home. I might have welled up a bit if that were me!

I see David’s getting quite fond of being on wheels, but perhaps best just to let you and John use the motorised kind for now.

I enjoyed your post :)
Karen Hannah recently posted..Project 365: Week 6My Profile

Cakesphotoslife (Angie) February 10, 2014 at 10:48 am

What a lovely week, Your daughter looks so proud of her achievement, well done to her x
Cakesphotoslife (Angie) recently posted..Week 5/53 and 6/52My Profile

OneDad3Girls February 11, 2014 at 11:33 am

Very well done on the exam. I really want to visit that all you can eat…I love Indian food.

I wonder what would happen if I set Aly up with her own email…hummmm I may try it
OneDad3Girls recently posted..Sponge Painting and Finger Painting the Galt Toys WayMy Profile