The Gadget Show Live at the NEC is one of the highlights of my year. It’s a pretty unique chance to immerse myself in all the latest tech and gadgets, and makes for a really fun day out. It’s apparently Britains largest consumer tech show, and when it returns to the NEC this Easter the organisers are expecting 75,000 tech fans to flood through the doors. I shall be there again this year, and I am working with the Gadget Show Live team in order to offer a great giveaway that means some of my readers could be there too.
If you want to know what a day at the Gadget Show Live is like you can read my blog posts about my 2015 experience and my 2014 experiences. For 2016 four fantastic new areas have been added – Better Life, Power Up, The Lab and The Arcade, and here’s what the press release has to say about these:
Better Life – visitors to Better Life will discover tech that’s been engineered to enhance their everyday lives, whether that’s tech that seamlessly integrates different areas of their lives, or aesthetically irresistible products to beautify the home.
Sitting at the heart of Better Life is the House of Sound and Vision. Playing host to a truly cinematic experience, visitors will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the latest home cinema technology on the market. They can test out a cinema style experience in a purpose built living room kitted out with the latest audio, TV and surround sound tech to try before they buy.
Power Up – visitors will find technology with the power to drive their lives forward, everything from mobiles to wearables, fitness devices and in-car kit. Test drive very cool cars in the Car Experience and the latest personal transport devices on the Gadget Wheels Test Track.
The Lab – concept and innovation are integral to modern day tech and at Gadget Show Live visitors can discover inspirational tech for the future as well as advice and education on how the tech of tomorrow can change their lives.
In The Lab, visitors can hear gadget reviews from our experts in the Connect Theatre, see the tech of the future in the British Inventors’ Project and Innovation Theatre, and make their own gadgets in Engineer Your Future.
The Arcade – this is the place for gamers to become truly immersed in the very latest titles on the market, compete against friends (and even against the pros) in the Competition Zone and Minecraft Zone, check out innovative new games in the Indie Mobile & Gaming Pod and take a trip down memory lane with some fine vintage flashbacks.
I have to say I am very much looking forward to exploring those new areas!
The Gadget Show Live is open between Thursday 31st March and Sunday 3rd April 2016. It’s open between 9am and 6pm with the exception of the first day when doors open to the public at 11am. Tickets start at £10 for children and £17 for adults, and you can find more information and purchase tickets via the Gadget Show Live website.
The Gadget Show Live team are offering 5 pairs of tickets for the Gadget Show Live on Thursday 31st March to Geekmummy readers. In order to be in with a chance to win one of these pairs of tickets all you need to do is add a comment below telling me what you would most like to see at the Gadget Show Live this year. It could be an area of the show, or a specific product you want to get “hands on” with. Five winners will be selected at random after the closing date, and each winner will receive two tickets to attend the Gadget Show Live on Thursday 31st March – please make sure you would be available to attend the show on that date before entering!
*edit* The winners have been drawn! Congratulations Claire, Kate, Amy, Greig and Georgie. Hope you all have a great day out 🙂
Terms & conditions for geekmummy/Gadget Show Live competition
- Promoter is geekmummy, The Smithy, Brownlow Heath, Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 4TJ
- This giveaway is open to UK residents aged over 18 only
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.geekmummy.com/2016/02/giveaway-tickets-gadget-show-live/
- Closing date for entry is 10pm GMT on Sunday 28th February 2016. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted. Only one entry may be submitted per participant. Multiple entries will not be considered, as will any bulk entries that appear to have come from software or automated processes. Incomplete, incorrect or otherwise invalid entries will not be considered. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice and for any reason. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability and the promotor reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- There are five prizes available, and each prize is two tickets for the Gadget Show Live on Thursday 31st March.
- Five winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received, and announced via this page. The winner’s names may also be shared via social media
- The winners will be contacted by email within 7 days of the closing date. If any winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 72 hours of sending, the promotor reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The data of anyone that enters will not be passed on to any third parties or used for any unsolicited marketing communications.
- Each winner consents to their name and email address being passed to Big Top PR/Gadget Show Live in order to fulfil the prize.
- The prizes will be fulfilled by Big Top PR/The Gadget Show.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.